On this page we inform how the COVID-19 epidemic affects our operations.
Our webstore takes in orders 24/7 as usual. We ship out orders and serve at the shop in Oulu every business day 12 to 6 PM and on Saturdays 10 to 5 PM.
Postal deliveries have delays especially with letters to outside Finland. We inform about those delays more in detail on the page behind the following link: Delivery Delays Due To Covid19.
This is what we do to adapt
- We lowered our shipping discount limit to 50 eur so our customers have a lower stresshold to order online instead of gathering into our small shop.
- We offer our guidance and customer service over phone (+358 44 016 6976 business days 12 to 6PM EET) or email firstname.lastname@example.org and through our social media channels to help out choosing the right product when ordering online.
- Our staff stays home if any respiratory flu symptoms occur.
- We minimize the staff working together to limit the possibility for the virus to spread and also to guarantee we have staff available if there are quarantine cases.
- Our staff wears masks when serving customers.
- We provide hand disinfectants at the entrance and at the cash register.
- We predict product re-stock availability so that we would have what you need also in case of shortages and freight delays. Freight transit delays are more usual than ever and raised demand on outdoor gear might lead to occasional sold out items earlier in the season.
This is what we wish from our customers:
- Don't leave home if you are or if you feel you're getting sick. If you need help contact your local health care officials.
- Instead of gathering into our small shop please shop online at our website shelbyoutdoor.com . We provide guidance over phone (+358 44 016 6976 business days 12 to 6PM EET) or email email@example.com . Note the lowered shipping discount limit!
- If you wish to pick up your order from our shop you can limit the time of the visit by ordering online with the pick-up from the shop shipping method. When picking up you can call us (+358 (0)44-016 6976) to bring your order outside the door.
- Wash your hands with plenty of soap (or disinfect) before and after your visit. We offer hand sanitizer at the shop entrance and at the counter.
- Use a facemask when possible. We have some tube neck gaiters, merino tubing and e.g Coolmax polyester fabric available. Do-it-yourself tips for facemasks: https://cv-masks.github.io/ Also Buff Filter Masks and Filters with good filtration and with good airflow are included to our product selection.
- Predict your need so you don't need to meet people to get every single item separately. Due to raised demand for outdoor gear and shipping delays items might be sold out earlier in the season so prepare beforehand for your Spring trips to outdoors.
- We ask you to use contactless payment at the shop when possible.
- We ask you to keep a safe distance to other customers and to our staff. We know that this is not easy in our small shop but let's do our best to slow down the spreading of the virus and to keep our small staff healthy and the doors open for customers.
- Don't give up! We can get the best out of this with common effort.
Official information about Corona you can find e.g. from the Finnish institute of health and welfare