Combining an ultralight carbon construction with Black Diamond's Z-Pole technology and FlickLock Pro, the Distance Carbon FL is a versatile, highly adjustable pole for weight-conscious mountain adventures.
Now with improved joint support (making them 30% stiffer) and greater durability thanks to added reinforcements around the locking mechanism and upper shaft.
When the ounces matter on long distance hikes or mountain journeys, the lightweight, highly adaptable Black Diamond Distance Carbon FLZ delivers 100% carbon construction, FlickLock Pro adjustability and a three-section foldable shaft. Combined with interchangeable, non-scarring Tech Tips and a lightweight EVA foam grip, your grasp and traction will be bomb proof.
- Improved joint support and stiffness
- Adjustable length with FlickLock Pro
- 100% carbon fiber construction
- 3-section Z-Pole folding design with speed cone deployment
- Lightweight EVA foam grip with breathable, moisture-wicking strap
- Non-slip foam mini-grip extension for secure choke-ups
- Includes interchangeable, non-scarring rubber Tech Tips and carbide Tech Tips
- Stopper basket with shaft catcher secures folding sections
- [95-110 cm] 95-110 cm
- [105-125 cm] 105-125 cm
- [120-140 cm] 120-140 cm
- [95-110 cm] 34 cm
- [105-125 cm] 37 cm
- [120-140 cm] 40 cm
- [95-110 cm] 330 g/pari
- [105-125 cm] 360 g/pari
- [120-140 cm] 385 g/pari
Z-POLE RAPID DEPLOYMENT SYSTEM
- Concealed inner cord
- Single push-button release to collapse the pole
- One-pull, Speed Cone deployment
Speed Cone technology comes from Black Diamond's expertise in avalanche probe design—a key component of Z-Poles' stiffness and fast deployment. Simply grab the grip and the first shaft section, and pull them away from each other. The pole will snap into place and lock. Each Speed Cone guides a shaft section into place, and stiffens the joint when the pole is locked. Protective, flexible tube ends cover the pole’s Kevlar® center cord when folded.