Underquilt Glow -12C ultra-light – 800g of total weight (filled with 550 g of 750 CUIN down). An extremely warm, down-filled hammock underquilt.
Dimensions 2.0×1.4×1.0m. 550g of recycled goose down – 750 CUIN.
It perfectly wraps and warms up when you sleep in the hammock, even when it is freezing cold.
The model name, -12C, refers to the comfort temperature of the underquilt, while the minimum temperature (Limit) is even lower, -19°C..
Thanks to our unique design, you can use the underquilt also as a sleeping bag/ topquilt, duvet or just additional insulating layer to your sleeping bag.
What is very important, when packed into the transportation bag,
Underquilt GLOW -12°C has the volume of 4.5L!
There is a handle at the bottom of the transportation bag to make unpacking even more convenient.
You can find there QR code. It will direct you to the underquilt manual.
This is a perfect 3-season (autumn/ winter/ spring) solution for those of the ultra-light enthusiasts, who appreciate comfortable sleep and freedom of sleeping positions.
- The underquilt GLOW -12C is filled with the Polish goose down, widely recognized as the best in terms of the fill power. This parameter is crucial for keeping warm.
- Thanks to its unique features, the goose down is still superior and the lightest thermo-insulating filling material. Underquilt GLOW -12 – is filled with 550g of pure down!
- There is something that makes our product unique:
The down used is recycled!
- Down filling is obtained from products whose operating standards points out the need to replace it. Before it's used again, the recovered raw material is subjected to a deep cleaning process with dedicated biodegradable washing agents. Then, after the down is sterylized and refreshed, it is subjected to careful selection and filled up to get the standard of 750 Cuin. Thanks to this process, it's perfectly clean down with an exceptionally high quality. The recycled down prevents unnecessary animal suffering as well as reduces the amount of waste that humanity generates. Maybe banal but true.
- The particular design of the quilt capitalizes on the down’s features at the maximum level.
H shape of the chambers prevents the cold points – the places (sewing lines) left without insulation.
This solution significantly increases the insulation parameters of the underquilt.
- The part of the quilt dedicated to protect the chest, arms and head (on the left side of the photo) is 140cm width and consists of pillow-like chambers. It protects the down from movement to the lower parts of the quilt. Thanks to that the chest and head are very well protected from cold.
- The narrow part of the quilt is dedicated to protect the legs. We have used a special longitudinal type of the chambers. Due to this fact, the down is used in the optimal way and the legs are warmed up perfectly.
- When the underquilt is used with the hammock, the down moves from the shrinked end to the parts where the legs are placed. When the underquilt is used as a quilt /sleeping bag, the down is spread evenly.
- Well designed tensioner system makes it very easy to adopt the underquilt to any hammock.
- Both sides of the underquilt are made of ultra-light rip-stop nylon (22g/m2) with a DWR (Durable Water Repellency) coating.
The fabric is durable and breathable. At the same time, it is dense enough to prevent the down getting out from the quilt even after the long-term use.
DWR protects the quilt from absorbing water which condenses on the surface of the quilt and flows down from the quilt.
- One side of the quilt is dark green to blend into natural surroundings. The other side, in the same way as pilots’ jackets, is orange to draw attention to our location.
- The underquilt is equipped with two 1.25m expander cords with tensioners. Tensioners with self-lock are a proven and reliable solution which has already been successfully tested in Bushmen ultralight tarps. The use of the expanders with the tensioners makes pitching up of the underquilt nice and easy.
When you already are inside the hammock, you can still easily adjust the insulation level by loosening or tensioning the expanders.
- If you plan to spend the night on the ground (for example under the tarp), Underquilt GLOW can be used as a sleeping bag/topquilt. Just tide the expanders over the sleeping pad, and attach the quilt to protect it from slipping out during the night. This solution can work quite well when you use the Underquilt as a quilt (when you move the tensioners to the edge of the sleeping pad) or as a sleeping bag (moving them close to the body).
2 m x 1.4/1m
The comfort temperature of the underquilt is given under the assumption that it is used with the sleeping bag or topquilt with the same comfort temperature.
Comfort (underquilt): -12°C
Comfort (top quilt): -12°C
Limit (underquilt): -5°C
Limit (top quilt): -12°C