The Sherpa FX Carbon Strong is Leki's most stable and robust folding pole for high alpine terrain, for winter on skis or in summer with crampons. With a 20 millimeter diameter carbon upper section, it can withstand even extreme loads. It is equipped with the new Aergon Air for even more comfort and control. The special cavity technology allows a lightweight construction and large, supporting surfaces for maximum support on the mountain. The back of the grip, which is normally made of Thermo Foam, has been completely rubberized for the best hold. The large ergonomic support surface provides support during steep ascending switchbacks. The pole is equipped with a trekking basket, the large binding basket is included directly as a change basket.
Aergon Air: The Aergon Air combined lightness with stability. Its ergonomic shape provides maximum comfort, while the fully rubber grip head provides absolute control.
- Lock Security Strap Nylon Neoprene: Adjustable strap with safety release It has been reinforced with neoprene and a comfortable fleece inlay and offers optimal comfort.
- Grip extension: Grip extension for simple grip adjustment on steep terrain or when traversing.
- Aluminum and carbon: Carbon PRC (Performance Racing Carbon) 1000 and Aluminium HTS (Heat Treated Shaft) 6.5
- External Locking Device: The ELD System makes it possible to open and close the folding pole quickly with the push of a button. The special construction surrounding the trigger button provides for more stability.
- Speed Lock 1 Plus: The adjustment system works via an external clamping mechanism which allows for easy adjustments and offers maximum hold.
- Trekking Basket 2.0: Compact trekking basket. Protects against sinking into snow and mud and can be changed easily by hand.
- Big Mountain Binding Basket: Specially designed basket for touring with a short edge for adjusting bindings and a long edge for scraping icy ski skins. Can be easily changed by hand.
- Flex Tip: Robust tip that guarantees precise pole positioning and an optimal grip on nearly any terrain.
Minimum usage length:
Maximum usage length:
Tube diameter: 20/18/16/16/16 mm
Weight: 634 g/pair